Where did you grow up: Belgium
WHAT DO YOU CALL:
1. A body of water, smaller than a river, contained within relatively narrow banks?
A creek, and if the banks are engineered it would be a canal, although a small one.
2. The thing you push around the grocery store?
A (shopping) cart.
3. A metal container to carry a meal in?
A lunchbox? But why should it be metal?
4. The thing that you cook bacon and eggs in?
We fry our bacon and eggs... in a pan.
5. The piece of furniture that seats three people?
Big ass sofa :)
6. The device on the outside of the house that carries rain off the roof?
7. The covered area outside a house where people sit in the evening?
Could be anything going from pergola to veranda. I don't have such a thing anyway.
8. Carbonated, sweetened, non-alcoholic beverages?
9. A flat, round breakfast food served with syrup?
You mean pancakes? Why only have them as breakfast?
10. A long sandwich designed to be a whole meal in itself?
Ah, this could be anything. Depending on the contents of it, it could be called a "smoske", just a sandwich or a durum when filled with kinds of meat. Although that's not really made out of sandwich but more pancake like.
11. The piece of clothing worn by men at the beach?
12. Shoes worn for sports?
What sports? I'd hardly call them sport shoes when you go ice skating... then it would be ice skates. This question sucks.
13. Putting a room in order?
14. A flying insect that glows in the dark?
Lost? I'd guess it would be a firefly, but I don't think they exist here.
15. The little insect that curls up into a ball?
A hedgehog. Wait, that ain't an insect. Not a clue... a shy fly?
16. The children's playground equipment where one kid sits on one side and goes up while the other sits on the other side and goes down?
In dutch : een wipplank. In english I wouldn't have a clue.
17. How do you eat your pizza?
Cut in parts, stuff mouth with hands. Yes, the easy and single-person kinda way... straight out of the box it came in.
18. What's it called when private citizens put up signs and sell their used stuff?
Prehistoric ebay ;) We don't actually have garage sales I think.
19. What's the evening meal?
Dinner. And it can be anywhere from 15h00 till 23h00, at least at my place.
20. The thing under a house where the furnace and perhaps a rec room are?
21. An unusually heavy rain which does not last long.
A shower. I've also got one in my bathroom though.
22. A window covering on rollers that pulls down.
Could be a lot of things.
23. A new, limited access, multi-lane road.
A highway? Why does it have to be new? Maybe we should call it a waste of space?
24. Heavy garments worn for work.